The Truth About Bottled Water
Bottled water is overpriced, wasteful, and unhealthy.
In just one year, the manufacture of plastic jugs, bottling, and delivery of water:
- Wastes millions of gallons of water
- Burns 6 million gallons of fuel
- Dumps 70 million pounds of plastic waste into landfills
Bottled water is prone to bacterial and chemical contamination due to lax regulations and unsafe handling by bottlers and consumers.
Additionally, bottled water is regulated by the FDA not the EPA, which means there are:
- Fewer regulations for content, labeling, and marketing
- Exaggerated claims of water source and purity
Despite what the advertising says, bottled water does not come directly from a mountain spring. In fact, much of it is drawn from municipal sources. Regardless of where the water comes from, bottled water companies must transport it to a processing plant then ship it to your company.